It's been a long strange year at Skyview High, but it's finally over! I've been faced this year with students who were incredible smart and responsible (about .001%) to those that felt it was ok to discuss their sexual preferences in front of the class. I've had parents calling me on my personal cell phone to discuss why little Billy didn't get 5 pts of extra-credit (out of 1000 pts overall) and leaving me a 1/2 hour message to explain why she's right. I've had students claim I called them retards (As Michael from the Office would say, "you don't call retarded people "retards". That would be in bad taste. You call your friends "retards" when they're acting retarded.") which of course I never did (to their face anyways). Overall, this has been by far the toughest year of the three, so I'm glad it's over. Next year I face a whole new set of FOUR ASL 1 classes, so at least I can start over. Now it's summer, time for fun, fun, fun! Or a psychological methods class that everyone says is the toughest class in the major. Oh well, at least there's still the weekends!
S
10 comments:
Did you ever go to the board about the drug dealer?
I took it first to the principle, then to the district office. We're thinking of contacting the media or something to have them look at the district's policies. Basically, you can only get fired on your first offense for pornography and sexual contact with a student. I'm totally opposed to pornography, but it's not illegal. Drugs are, so I think if nothing else they should be on the same level. Just my 2 cents.
S
Porn has 3 victims, the person buying the porn, the model, and the photographer. At least drugs only affect 1 person.
Disclaimer--The opinions expressed are not necessarily the beliefs of the entire family.
R
I bought drugs once because I saw a picture of a model selling them. There goes your theory Lori.
Scott
Drugs affect three people too. The person selling, the person buying, and the owner of the swimming pool that i swore was a huge toilet at the time the drugs were in use.
N
I had 3 drugs affect the swimming pool too. One for the guy selling it and he was swimming after going to the bathroom. The photographer was the one fired on the districts policies and it's rediculous he's on the same level.
Scott's comment made no sense. Move along everyone, nothing to see here.
Scott's comment made no sense. Move along everyone, nothing to see here.
Actually Scott's comments only make sense to me when i am on drugs. Then he is on the better side of brilliant.
N
Post a Comment