In order from most recent to least recent, here is what happened in REAL LIFE during the last two months.
We were all gone for Kaden's actual birthday. Steve was in Utah and we were at my parent's house. So, the party was kind of chopped up into several pieces. We first opened presents at my parents house but had to cut that short due to a work commitment for my dad. SO, we had the cake with them the next night. Then when we all got home from our various trips we started to open our family presents but had to cut that short due to work for Steve. So, we finally managed to finish it all at about 7:45 am - a few days late but before another stretch of really long work days. Phew! Anyway, he's officially one. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
This would be the third and fourth segments.

"This washable swim diaper is just what I wanted!"
I saw this basketball sitting all alone on the floor next to the ball net at Fred Meyer one day. Not another one like it anywhere to be found. We figured it was a sign and Kaden got his first "SPURS" basketball as a bonus present!

While Steve was away getting pedicures and having lots of other manly fun in Utah, the kids and I had some fun of our own with Nani and Grandpa. Some of the things we did include:
Exploring the woods behind Nani and Grandpa's house




Exploring the woods behind Nani and Grandpa's house









We took the kids to Tahoma National Cemetery on Memorial Day. We're not near any relatives graves so we figured it was the next best thing and also a good way to work in a bit of a lesson in patriotism and history. It ended up being really cool. We got there right as a big ceremony was starting with military bands and the governor speaking (not that I'm endorsing this particular governor - just respect for the office)


The girls also had a great time grinding their own flour and using it to make bread! Thanks to everyone (Nani and Grandpa and all the Chamberlains) for a really great vacation!Steve's ??nd birthday
Steve was waffling between the Giant Costco Chocolate Cake and the Krispy Kreme donuts for his birthday treat. With a bit of prompting from Emily, he finally settled on the cake





Kaden has not only learned to walk since our last post - he has become a really great runner, escapee, climber, etc. Does anyone else see a resemblance here? (zoom in on this picture and pay special attention to their mouths.)
Just a glimpse of everyday life

Although I never had the opportunity to encounter a Bobbie in this attire, I suppose it is possible that since I was last there the princess tassel has become standard issue in London!

I found these messages written in tub crayon on the wall of the shower one day. I thought it was so cute - and so typical of Bailey. She is ALWAYS writing us little notes to say she loves us. Although it appears we'll be working on spelling! ;)



Kaden-


This is part of the kids good-bye ceremony for Steve each morning. Lots of hugs, kisses, blown kisses, thrown hugs and waving "I Love You" hands.












No comments:
Post a Comment