Saturday, July 19, 2008
It's more than just a birthday-
Last night we tried to run showers for the kids. Even they were excited to be clean again - we'd been berry picking all morning and playing outside all day. They were SOOOO dirty! The combination of berry field dust and grime, berry juice, grass stains, sunscreen and otter pops was not pleasant. Anyway, I let the water run and run and run and it would not get hot. About the time I gave up on the girls Steve gave up on Kaden since I met him in the hallway looking just as confused as I was. We found that the water heater in the garage had been adjusted to the "Vacation" setting. (And THAT is why I don't allow all the kids on the street to play hide and seek in our garage!) Problem solved - after a few hours of heating that is. So the kids got icy rub downs. Kaden had his hair washed even and seemed, as usual, to be so thrilled with having some water to play in the he didn't give a second thought to the fact that it was of an arctic nature! Emily bore it with silent misery. Then it was Bailey's turn. Still being upset that she wasn't getting her shower and now she was cold, she was ranting and raving the whole time. I tried to reason with her that she wasn't even IN the water - a cold wash cloth is NOT that bad, that Kaden even had his hair washed and he hadn't fussed and that Emily was definitely still surviving. Her reply: "YEAH? Well, they were born later! I was born in the Spring so I need it WARM!!!!!!" Who can argue with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's some sound logic there...you really can't argue.
Only Steef's kids would think that makes sense.
It makes total sense, born in the spring, you need things warmer. Born in the winter, things can be colder. I see nothing wrong with that logic (and it apparently was true because the spring girl was the one with the trouble in the tub. Sept. girl was just fine!)
Bailey's comment goes hand in hand with her "I need an adult!" plea during the great Christmas plague of 2007. She is such a sweetheart.
Post a Comment