Saturday, June 13, 2009

OK - maybe I'm wierd

I won't make you look at millions of pictures of us on another historical farm visit but here are a few of the DIFFERENT things the Pomeroy Living History Farm had to offer on Bailey's class trip there.

They let the kids jump into giant hay piles which they thought was great.

Who knew that we would find our neighbor and friend, Lori, working at the farm that day!

And, looking through a real stereoscope was especially exciting for Bailey since this is one of the things she has learned about in her American Girls club.

Now, you might think this is strange but this kid was so interesting to me! If you knew Steve back when we were dating you might remember his cute floppy hair and the brown and beige coat he wore. This kid had something about him (blond floppy hair and a brown and beige coat maybe?) that kept making me do a double take every time he cut through the corner of my vision. It was like a warm, fuzzy deja vu kind of thing. Like when you smell something that reminds you of Christmas in the Hitchen Market or the weather reminds you of walking to class in High School. (I know -I'm wierd) Anyway, obviously this kid looks nothing like Steve (if he had I might actually have had to grab him and squeeze him!) but something about him brought back those warm fuzzy memories of the good old Provo days. (sorry to everyone who was not a part of that but the rest of you will understand!)

No comments: